Be That Girl - plans for the future

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Provision. Revelation.

Seems this has been a recurring theme in my studying and reading lately - provision. Not that I've found myself wanting or lacking. I think God's trying to teach me something *ponders* So I thought I'd share it with you too.

This is what I was reading [
Psalm 144 & 145] on my weekend pastime - the train.

Psalm 145 : 15 - "All eyes look to you for help; you give them their food as they need it."

What an incredible revelation of God - as a Father - provider. He gives what is needed, when its needed. His grace is sufficient for each and every one of us - regardless of the situations we are in (2 Corinthians 12:9). No doubt He is the God of exceedingly abundantly (Ephesians 3:20), but too many times we expect 'provision upon request.'

If we have not learnt anything else, we should at least know that God doesn't work according to our expectations or limitations. He is above and beyond our mortal reasoning or demands. He thinks, no, he knows what needs to be done with the knowledge of what will matter in eternity.

That's why faith is the key element to our Christianity. Without faith it's impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). If we don't trust Him to provide, we'd be in doubt, worrying, and being hopeless throughout our lives. God has clearly said that we shouldn't worry (Matthew 6:25-34). God gives as we need - not as we want.

The two Psalms I was reading are amazing. It's best read out loud!

Have an amazing day filled with blessings.

Hearts.
sj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home